Well, if you are here means you are facing a blue screen of death in Windows 10, and it is a bit serious and complicated. The Blue Screen of Death has now become the most annoying and common problem in Windows 10. But, you don’t worry as you have heard,’ if there is a problem then there are multiple solutions’ and the phrase completely suits this issue. Now, get ready to resolve the issue which has haunted you the most, but before moving ahead, let’s find out the reasons behind the issue which will help you in the future.
- 1 Possible Reasons for Blue Screen of Death Windows 10
- 2 How to Fix Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 (BSOD)?
Possible Reasons for Blue Screen of Death Windows 10
- Hardware is the sole of the computer and if there is any damage or connection failure, then such an issue arises. So, make sure to check the hardware connection properly and if there is any loophole, then fix it.
- RAM is yet important tool in the computer and if the space in the same is insufficient, then you may get such error on your computer screen.
- PC fan enables the hardware components to work smoothly by blowing off the heat. If the fan is blocked due to the dust or not working properly, then it may result to the overheating or overclocking, and these issue results to the BSOD.
- The driver helps the OS to run smoothly and if any driver failed to respond, then it may hamper the Operating System and may result in such error.
These were the basic reasons behind an issue and there are others too which shows the error number. Now, you are quite familiar with the reasons and it’s time to get to the solutions. There are multiple solutions which will help you to eradicate the issue and the same are listed below.
How to Fix Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 (BSOD)?
Fix through Windows 10 bootable drive
Let’s start with first and easy solutions.
Also check: How to Enable Night Light in Windows 10
- To perform this task, move to the BIOS setting of your PC and after reaching there, click on the ‘Boot’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Thereafter, you will get the priority list and your job is to set the ‘first priority’ to the Windows 10 bootable drive.
- Soon, your computer will detect the drive and then it will run the Windows Installation program.
- Select the time zone and language and then you will find the ‘Install’ button, don’t click on it because you need to repair your computer and for the same, click on ‘Repair your computer’ listed on the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you will get a few features to repair your computer, select ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Under the ‘Troubleshoot’ feature, you will get ‘Advanced’ options which will show a list of options and you need to select ‘System Restore’. This feature will bring back your PC in the previous mode and will fix BSOD.
Fix an issue through Safe Mode
If BDOS appear at the start of the windows, then you can enter in the safe mode by pressing three times the power button. However, if Windows open, then you can reach to the Safe mode by the process listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘gear’ icon to reach the ‘Settings’ of the Windows’.
- In the ‘Settings’ page, you will get several options listed at the left end of the page, click on ‘Recovery’.
- Now move to the section ‘Advanced startup’ and click on ‘Restart now’.
- After restarting the computer you will find a few options on your screen, click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Thereafter you will get the ‘Advanced Options’ which will feature multiple options, click on ‘Startup Settings’ and then click on ‘Restart’ to enter in the Safe Mode.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to fix an issue.
Fix BSOD through Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter is an advanced tool which fixes the issues instantly. To access such feature, follow the steps listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘gear’ icon to get access to the ‘Settings’ of Windows 10.
- In the ‘Setting’ page you will get several options on your screen, click on ‘Update and Security’.
- Thereafter, you will find a few options listed on the left end of the page, click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Now, select an issue from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Run the Troubleshoot’.
Uninstall Windows Updates
If you are still facing Blue Screen of Death in Win 10, just arises after updating Windows 10, then you must uninstall the updates and for the same few steps are listed below which will help you to perform the task effectively.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start’ menu.
- In the same, you will get several options, click on ‘Programs’.
- Now move to ‘View installed updates’ listed in ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- Thereafter, you will find the list of updates, select the one and click on ‘Uninstall a program’. Repeat the task for all updates.
Check the Drivers
- Select ‘This PC’, right-click on it and choose ‘Manage’.
- A new window will open which will show several options, click on ‘Device Manager’.
- Now move to the ‘Display drivers and check if an unknown driver is listed there, if you found any such, then remove the same. Repeat the task for other drivers too.
Scan Hard Disk through Command
- Click on the search bar and type ‘CMD’.
- Now, right-click on CMD and select ‘run as administrator’ and this will help you to access the commands as an administrator.
- Soon you will find the command box and your job is to enter ‘sfc/scannow’ in the box without inverted comma and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, the Windows will detect the problem in the hard disk and once the problem is detected you will have to fix the hard disk.
Reinstall Windows 10 to eliminate BSOD
This is the key solution to fix an issue but the process will erase all the files and folders. So, if you have already a backup of your files, then apply this method to remove the error. The process is simple and for the same, you will need CD of Windows 10 or bootable drive which contains Windows 10 Operating System.
Hence, these were effective solutions to fix an issue. The Blue Screen of Death fix will help you to access the Windows effectively. The above-listed solutions will help you to get rid of an issue. So, apply the methods carefully.