If you are Windows Operating System users, then definitely you have heard about an error Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. There are multiple errors behind the issue, so obviously there will be multiple solutions for the same. So, if you have an encounter with the above-mentioned issue and need to resolve effectively. Then you have landed on the right path as here you will get the brief introduction of the issue, causes, and the ultimate solutions. So, get ready for the journey.
- 1 Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs to Restart – Major Causes
- 2 Comprehensive Solutions to Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Need to Restart
Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs to Restart – Major Causes
The issue Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart Windows 10 turns your PC screen blue. Repeatedly it will restart your computer and due to the same, you will fail to access it effectively. There are various causes behind an issue and the same are listed below.
- Registry error
- Hardware Issue
- Corrupt driver
- Lack of Windows Update
- The forceful shutdown of the PC
- Installation of third-party software or corrupt files
- Overheating of the computer
So, these were the major reasons behind the issue and the ultimate solutions to fix the issue are listed below. There are ample of solutions, so you need to apply them one by one and if you get the success, then skip the rest of the solutions.
Comprehensive Solutions to Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Need to Restart
Resolve Hardware Issue
Let’s begin with the basic solution and start with the hardware. Sometimes, the hardware gets corrupted and due to this reason, the issue arises. So, you must remove all the peripherals of the computer which are connected to the computer such as USB drive, external hard disk and other. After removing the listed hardware, start your computer and then check whether the issue persists or resolved. If the issue remains, then go for the next solution.
As stated earlier, one of the causes behind an issue is the Windows Update. The Windows Update keeps the Operating System up to date with the technology so that the users can meet the latest technology running in the market. Lack of Update results to the failure of many applications and due to the same most of the applications failed to respond. So, Windows Update is essential and the process to update the same is listed beneath.
- To accomplish the task, you will have to open the Settings of the Windows and for that, click on the ‘Start’ menu and then click on the ‘Gear’ icon listed above the ‘Power’ icon. This will direct you to the Settings of the Windows.
- Now, click on the ‘Update and Security’ icon.
- In the next page, you will find few options listed at the left end of the page, click on ‘Update’ and now look at the center of the page and here you will find an option ‘check for update’, click on it.
- Thereafter, the windows will scan the necessary files needed to update and once the update is installed, you will have to restart your computer.
Update the Drivers
As stated earlier, the Blue Screen of error won’t allow you to Login to the computer, so for this method, you will have to access the computer in safe mode.
Get access in Safe Mode
- Make sure your computer is turned off.
- Now, turn on your PC by pressing the Power button and then press and hold the power button for few seconds until the computer turns off, repeat this process for two times and then you will find ‘Automatic Repair’ logo in your screen.
- Thereafter, you will find ‘Startup Repair’ page and beneath the same, you will find ‘Advanced Options’ click on it.
- Soon, you will get additional options, click on ‘Troubleshoot’ and further click on ‘Advanced Options’.
- Now, click on ‘Startup Settings’ and then click on ‘Restart’.
- After that, you will find few options in your screen, press the numeric 4 key to enter in the safe mode.
The process to update drivers
After getting access in the Safe Mode, you can move to the Device Manager section and for that, click on the ‘Start’ button, type Device Manager’ in the search bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
Now look for the drivers, select the one, right-click on it and choose an option ‘Update driver’.
Scan the corrupt files through System File Checker
SFC is an inbuilt feature of the Windows 10 which scans and repairs the corrupt files. So, in order to accomplish the task, you will have to perform some basic command functions in the command prompt and for your solace, the detailed steps are provided below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘command prompt’ in the search bar and then select the one appeared in the list. Now, right-click on the ‘command prompt’ and choose ‘run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, you will find a command box and there you will have to type “sfc/scannow” without quotation marks.
- Soon, a scan process will begin and it will take around 15 minutes to complete the process.
- After the completion of the process, the problem will be resolved. So, restart your computer to check the issue.
Perform few changes in Memory Dump Settings
If the issue Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart Windows 10, still persists, then you will have to make changes in the memory dump setting. The process is simple and the detailed steps are listed beneath.
- To perform this task you will have to access ‘System Properties’ and for that click on the ‘Start’ menu. After that, type ‘View Advanced System Settings’ and then hit on the ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, you will get a pop-up window showing system properties, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab, located at the top of the menu.
- In the ‘Advanced’ feature, you will get three sub-heading, move to the ‘Startup and Recovery’ section and click on the ‘Settings’ button.
- After that, a new pop-up window will appear which will show the system startup features, move to the section ‘System Failure’ and uncheck the box ‘Automatically restart’.
- Now, move to the section ‘write debugging information’, click on the drop-down menu and select ‘complete memory dump’.
- After completing the above task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now restart your device to resolve the issue.
Access System Restore tool
This is a unique tool which restores the system and you will get your PC in a good condition where you have left before the issue. To perform the task, follow the steps listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘create a restore point’ in the address bar and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, ‘system setting‘ pop-up window will appear. Now, click on ‘System Restore’ icon and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, the system restores process will start, click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed further.
- Now, select the point where you need to restore the system from the list appeared on your screen.
- After selecting the restore point, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Startup Repair Tool
Microsoft provides the OS with the recovery disc, if you have the same, then you can easily resolve the issue ‘your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart windows 10’. To perform the task, follow the steps listed below.
- Make sure your PC is completely turned off.
- Now, turn ON the PC and insert the OS recovery disc in CD/DVD drive.
- After inserting the disk, you will be asked to press a key to continue. So, you can press any key to proceed further.
- Thereafter, Windows Setup page will appear and beneath the same, you will find an option ‘Repair your computer’,
- Soon you will get additional options, click on ‘Troubleshoot’ and further click on ‘Advanced Options’.
- After that, you will get a few options, click on ‘Startup Repair’.
- That’s it, now the windows will repair the system.
Drivers enable the Operating System to work smoothly. However, if any drivers get corrupted or fail to support, then the issue ‘your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart’ arises. So, it is always recommended to update the driver and the process for the same is already mentioned above. On the off chance, if the issue still persists after updating the drivers, then reinstall them and the process for the same is provided below.
- Hover your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click there and choose ‘Device Manager’ from the list of options.
- In the Device Manager page, you will get the list of drivers and your job is to uninstall them and install them again. Make sure to perform the task one by one, means select the one driver, complete the entire process. Then proceed for the next driver as this will help you to know where the problem lies.
- Select the driver, right-click on it and choose an option ‘Uninstall device’.
- Thereafter, a new pop-up window will appear, click on the checkbox “Delete the driver software for this device”. Further click on ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now restart your computer.
- Repeat the task for all the drivers until you get the success.
Uninstall the programs which are recently installed
It is possible that some software or application installed recently can be a cause of blue screen of death. If you remember the software which you have installed just before experiencing the problem, then uninstall it immediately.
Also Check: Enable Night Light in Windows 10
The process is simple and for your convenience, the detailed steps are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control Panel’ in the address bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- A new window will appear on your screen featuring several Windows features and programs.
- Now select the program which you have recently installed and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ button located at the menu bar.
- Thereafter, you will be asked for the confirmation of the removal of the program, click on the ‘Yes’ button to proceed further.
- After uninstalling the program, restart your computer.
So, these were some of the solutions to resolve the issue your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. Apply them carefully and most possibly the issue will be resolved by the system repair or system restore. But, you must apply all the solutions one by one and start with the basic one such as reinstalling drivers, driver update, removing the program. If you didn’t get success then go for the major solutions such as system restore, and others.
Hope the above-listed solutions will help you to get rid of the issues permanently. After resolving the issue, make sure to update the drivers and Windows to eliminate any other issues. Now, access the salient features of Windows 10 and enjoy the same.