How to increase ram in android phone? Does your android phone run slow? Does slow speed of your Android gadget prevent you from installing your favorite and useful apps? Let us help you to end your queries and will show you few ways which can actually boost RAM in Android.
Today, around 75% smartphones have Android OS and also noticed a fair increase in apps. Does your phone have low RAM space issue? Then here are the best solutions available to Increase RAM of your Android smart gadget.
- 1 Increase RAM in Android Phones with Simple Tweaks
- 2 How to Increase Ram in Android Mobile Phones?
- 2.1 Method: 1 – Try Third Party Android ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) App
- 2.2 Method: 2 – Try Free SD Card Partition and Link it to your Device Technique
Increase RAM in Android Phones with Simple Tweaks
Slow speed can ruin your overall experience of using Android gadgets. It makes you unable to watch your favorite videos and games, restrict you from installing some useful apps, prevents you from performing few tasks. In brief, lack of space in your Android phone can make your life slower.
Low RAM space and outdated old version of Android OS (Operating Systems) like CupCake, Donut, Ginger Bread and HoneyComb are considered to be the responsible reasons for slowing your Android phone processor.
Thus, we have come up with few tricks that can help you to increase RAM of Android phone.
How to Increase Ram in Android Mobile Phones?
There are two ways to boost RAM in Android-based gadgets such as; you can do this by installing the third party Android app known as ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER (SWAP) and by using SD cards.
Also Check: 5 Methods to Earn Free Google Play Credit
Let’s discuss these two methods in details to understand how to increase ram in android using such techniques.
Caution: We highly recommend you first to determine either your Android smart gadget is compatible with swapping or not. To perform this, we suggest you to install MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check app. Follow below steps to activate swap on your device;
- First, install ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER (SWAP) app.
- Click Swap Active in order to create a Swap file and Enable it.
- Tap the option Active Swap.
Method: 1 – Try Third Party Android ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) App
How to expand RAM in Android devices using Roehsoft RAM Expander app? Does it worth to give a try? Actually, 5 out of 10 says yes, it’s worth.
How to Install Roehsoft RAM Expander (SWAP) App?
Here are steps to download or install Roehsoft RAM Expander (SWAP) App on your Android device;
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android Phone
- Search for Roehsoft RAM Expander (SWAP) App
- Tap on Install button
- Installation will take few minutes, and you can start using this app
Note: For your information, this app will make you pay Rs. 150 INR per installation. However, it is an affordable figure that everyone who wants to increase RAM of Android phone can spend.
Five Steps to Use Roehsoft RAM Expander (SWAP) App to Increase the RAM space
- Install the app
- Give root permission and determine your language
- Select the amount of partition you want using the SWAP FILE Slider
- Set swappiness value to control the behavior of the kernel.
- Make sure you tick AUTORUN and SWAP ACTIVE.
What Things Needed to Use Roehsoft RAM Expander (SWAP) App?
- Root permission
- A Custom kernel with Swap support.
- No Partition required
- A SD card of minimum class 4. (We recommend to use a higher class SD card for better result because as higher your SD card is as much RAM space, you would expand.)
Key Advantages of This Android App
- Free SD card memory as a SWAP RAM / SWAP MEMORY use
- Swapfile RAM expansion up to 4.0 GB (file system limit)
- Unlimited SWAp partition
- The usual performance degradation when paged not occur with sd card from class-8
- Widget for PNP swap (swap on / off swap)
- Provide Detailed Memory Information & Analysis
- Easy to use (One-click optimization and automatic calculation)
- Supporting Tung all Android devices (root access and Kernelswap support)
Here are Few Questions with Solutions Frequently Asked by Android users regarding this method such as;
Question: 1 – Can I Delete Swap File?
Solution – No, you cannot delete because swap file is usually stored on your SD card after creating the Swap.
Question: 2 – What is the Solution for Low SD Card Class?
Solution – We recommend to use the higher class SD card. Class 4 sd card is better to start with, or you can try SD booster app.
Question: 3 – Whether my Swap is active or it’s a fake one, how to decide?
Solution – Go to terminal emulator and type “free” and hit enter. You might get one of these below two conditions;
First, if it gets back with zero in swap line, then your swap is fake.
Second, if it gets back with anything other than zeros in swap line, then your swap is active.
Method: 2 – Try Free SD Card Partition and Link it to your Device Technique
If you don’t want to spend money for method 1, then this is the best option for you. Read on to know how to expand ram in android for free.
Basic Requirements for this Method
- Class 4 or Higher Micro SD Card
- Rooted Android Phone. Make sure that it supports swapping
- Windows PC – Windows Vista or above are recommended
- CompatibleSD Card Reader
If you are ready with all these things then let’s move on!
Learn How to Make Partition on Your SD Card
- First, install Mini Tool Partition Wizard Software in your Computer
- Use SD card reader to connect your Micro SD card with your PC
- Once your SD card is connected to the PC, open Mini Tool Partition Wizard Software. It will show you a kind of list including your SD card, Right click on it and create partition as per your requirement
- Select partition memory as the primary option and select file system as FAT32. It is a very important step.
- After it, change the file system of partitioned part of SD card to EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4.
- Save all changes and remove the SD cards from PC and enter it into your mobile.
- Bravo! You have successfully make a partition on your SD cards.
Now, next step is to link EXT file with the internal memory of your android device. If you really want to know how to increase ram in android then please follow these methods carefully.
- Link your memory card with your rooted android phone
- Go to Google Play Store and Download Link2SD app.
- Install and open Link2SD app to give root permission. Make sure you chose the “.ext” file.
Now, you are few steps away from your desire RAM space on your Android device.
Follow Few Last Steps to Boost RAM in Android Phone
Below are final steps of method 2 to escalate RAM space such as;
- Download free Swapper and Tools app for free from Google Play
- Open it and select the amount of RAM space you want to increase.
- Swapper and Tools app will create one .swap file on your SD card. Now activate that and bang! You are done, you will see a pretty much expansion in your RAM space.
Hope you guys now have better and clear idea on how to increase RAM in Android phone.We have described both free and paid methods, make your choice and let your Android phone run faster.